New Microsoft 365 Gives Business Two New Ways of Working
This month Microsoft announced a brand new approach to IT in the workplace with Microsoft 365. Meeting the needs of today’s business models and the changing pace of employee needs takes constant innovation.
- Cyber threats are ever more prevalent and sophisticated.
- Employees need ways to connect and collaborate with offices in remote locations.
- Mobile devices and apps need to offer the same functional flexibility and security as the traditional desk top machine.
Office 365 and Windows have always been separate offerings. But no more. Public previews of the new Microsoft 365 rolls out in early August. Bundling Windows and Office 365 together takes secure business collaboration to the next level. The preview stage lasts until the end of the year, when both versions become generally available.
Microsoft 365 Business
The public preview is available from 2nd August 2017 and promises to make IT management simpler through this single solution. It includes:
- Windows 10 Pro.
- Cyberthreat protection.
- Data protection controls.
- The latest versions of Office programmes.
New to the package are:
- A single console for user and device management.
- Office apps automatically deployed to Windows 10 PCs.
- Self-service deployment with Windows AutoPilot.
- Secure access to mobile devices.
- Company data protected on all devices
- Windows defender protection against malware, spyware and viruses.
Overall, the new Business suite simplifies IT management. It offers employees more creative and secure ways to work together. A single IT console makes setup and management of employee devices easier, with company data protection always on. Microsoft 365 Business is best for small to medium-sized businesses with a maximum of 300 users.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Two plans are available for larger organisations. Microsoft 365 Enterprise brings together Windows 10 Enterprise, Office 365 Enterprise and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise key features:
- People work in more creative, natural ways using voice, touch or ink.
- Integration backed by AI and machine learning technology.
- More choices and flexibility across a broad set of apps, promoting teamwork and communication.
- Built-in, intelligent security protects intellectual property, company and customer data.
- Includes Microsoft Teams, the chat-based workspace.
- Self-service deployment and cloud-based management.
The two plans for Microsoft 365 Enterprise are E3 and E5. Both offer powerful solutions and security that encourage creative collaboration between employees.
E5 offers enhanced security and analytics capability with Power BI Pro and MyAnalytics, along with Azure Active Directory P2 and PSTN Conferencing and Cloud PBX.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is available from 1st August. Which plan is right for your business depends on individual needs.
There are a few prerequisites: customers who wish to run Microsoft 365 Business must already be running Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 Pro on their desktops.Â For those running the earlier versions of Windows, an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro is included.
Eitex is a trusted Microsoft Partner. As such, we’re ideally placed to safely deploy Microsoft 365 Business or Enterprise across your organisation.