Eitex recently worked with Yorkshire based SMS Automation to upgrade their IT system with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Office 365.
SMS Automation is a motion control and robotics specialist company based in South Yorkshire. They provide multi-axis motion control systems to industries that range from confectionary to nuclear. Established in 1999, they are expert in electro mechanical systems and robotics. They also partner with some of the main players in the motion control industry.
Where motion control speeds up production, good IT speeds up the office. Modern, cloud-based systems make the most of time and effort, which in turn leads to stress-free efficiency. Their IT system is now as advanced as their manufactured goods.
As part of the IT upgrade, Eitex installed the following:
We installed Dynamics CRM to replace the existing Business Contact Manager. Looking to the future, SMS Automation wanted the latest office workflow. The upgrade to Dynamics 365 provides the improved feature list they need:
- Marketing automation to help build brand.
- Deeper insights provided by better reporting functions.
- Industry specific customising, so information is relevant.
- Improved customer service capabilities.
- Adding users as needed for scalability.
- Data access from remote locations.
Exchange Online via Office 365
We also upgraded the email from Small Business Server to Exchange Online. As well as more capacity (50gb per user), this cloud service from Microsoft gives an all-round more robust offering. SMS Automation can now rely on these stronger features:
- 99.9% uptime so work is not interrupted if the server or Internet goes down.
- Scalable for higher or lower staff levels.
- Microsoft servers take the strain, so there is less load on in-house servers.
- Multilevel spam protection so no need for third-party anti-spam services.
Lastly, we installed SharePoint. This integrates perfectly with Dynamics 365 so now everyone can share documents, PDFs, or images.
The real benefit of the programmes in Office 365 is how they all work together. Following the upgrade, everyone in the company uses the same version of office 2016 and can access data from anywhere or from any device. No one relies on memory or risks out of date information.
Whether working at home, in the office, or at a customer’s premises, all data is current. This makes for better communication, and also gives confidence when accessing or providing information.
At Eitex, we work with companies through South Yorkshire and beyond. We specialise in the latest Microsoft services to keep businesses up to date and running smoothly.
Read more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 here