4 Steps to get started with GDPR
You would have had to be living in a cupboard to not have heard about GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Before auditing your company for GDPR compliance it is important to get your house in order in terms of Eitex can provide a free GDPR IT Assessment for your business. Arrange your GDPR Assessment here – https://www.eitex.co.uk/gdpr
To ensure compliance on the 25th May we suggest getting started with the following 4 steps:
1. Determine whether your business processes personal data as a Data Controller or Data Processor. Help here
2. Assign a Data Protection Officer within your business
3. Audit and check IT Systems for Updates and Security – arrange your free IT Audit Here
- Windows / Software Updates
- Device encryption and security
- Anti-Virus Software
- System Backup
4. Audit and update data policies – online checklist here.
If your business uses Office 365 or Microsoft 365 you can use the Microsoft Compliance Manager Tool. This is a great tool which guides you through the steps needed to become GDPR compliant. As you will see Microsoft have carried out many steps already!
Remember, companies can be fined up to 4% of the annual turnover for data breaches! It is therefore important to take measures to protect your business, and the data which your business holds.
I hope this is useful. If there is anything else, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!